2013 Accessible e-Learning Leadership Awards
Creating an effective e-Learning course can be tough. Creating a course that can be used by everyone—including those with disabilities—is both the law and the right thing to do. CourseAvenue believes in the importance of Accessibility and is pleased to be part of recognizing those in the industry that are leaders in this area. While many companies try to achieve accessibility through text and .pdf versions of courseware, the winners of the Accessibility Leadership awards are producing true, single title courses available to everyone in the true spirit of Section 508 and ADA.
The Accessible e-Learning Leadership Award promotes and celebrates the best-of-breed in accessible e-Learning. The focus of the award it to acknowledge the most effective and advanced examples of an e-Learning course that everyone—those with disabilities and those without—can use. Award winners clearly show that the days of creating separate or limited e-Learning courses for ADA and Section 508 compliance are over. Read more about the award and the winners here!
Criteria: One Course That Everyone Can Use
- Best use of technology for a complete, media rich e-Learning course
- Accessibility integrated into the instructional design
- Functionality for all users and audiences
- Validated compliance with ADA and Section 508 law
- The course must be both accessible and usable
- An e-Learning course that has a separate version for ADA and Section 508 compliance will not be accepted
We will begin accepting applications for the next year's Accessible e-Learning Leadership Awards in Q4 of 2013. To see the winners for the 2012 Accessible e-Learning Leadership Awards, click here!